On Sunday Chevrolet changed what we think of as the American sports car all over again and reinvented an icon. Only a Corvette with the perfect balance of technology, design and performance can wear the iconic Stingray designation. The new stingray is the most powerful standard model ever. Featuring 450 horsepower, 450 lb-ft of torque. It's also the most capable standard model ever, able to accelerate from 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. Did we mention it will also exceed the mileage of the 2013 Corvette (who gets 26 mpg)? Our Youngstown, Ohio dealerships can't wait to get them on our showroom floor!
The 2014 Corvette Stingray Incorporating an all-new frame structure and chassis, a new power train and supporting technologies, as well as completely new interior and exterior. Take a look at some of these highlights:
- An interior that includes real carbon fiber, aluminum and hand-wrapped leather materials, two new seat choices and dual eight inch configurable driver/infotainment screens.
- Advanced driver technology, including a five position Drive Model Selector and a new seven speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching.
- An all new 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine combines advanced technologies, direct injection, active fuel management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system that delivers more power while using less fuel.
- Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame. These features help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio.
- The sculpted exterior features advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability.
- Track capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high speed stability.
"We believe the Corvette represents the future of modern performance cars because it delivers more power, more driving excitement and better fuel efficiency. The 2014 Corvette delivers the fastest acceleration, the most cornering grip, the most track capability, the best braking performance and what we expect to be the best fuel economy ever for a standard Corvette."
The 2014 Corvette Stingray goes on sale in the third quarter of 2013. For more information, or preorder information, give us a call at 330-SWEENEY or email us at SweeneySales@SweeneyCars.com!