When the 2013 Buick Encore arrives, it will feature the same quiet, comfortable, refined characteristics that define larger Buicks - The result of advanced acoustic technology and attention to detail.
The Encore will feature Buick's first use of Bose Active Noise Cancelation. Modeled after the popular headphones used by travelers on airplanes, this system uses small microphones to gather and analyze sound information that's then used to project "noise cancelling" sound waves through the cabin.
Unlike the headphones that fight noise over a broad spectrum of frequencies, the Encore's system selectively targets unwanted engine noise while allowing pleasant notes to pass through the cabin resulting in a luxurious and muted, engaging driving experience.
Buick and Bose engineers worked together to use the existing in-vehicle speakers, including a subwoofer designed to fit in the center of the vehicle's spare tire, maximizing space and reducing added weight.
Active noise cancelation in the Encore is always working, even if the audio system is powered off and comes standard on all Encore models.
QuietTuning features also include:
- Acoustically treated headliner with a tuned gap between it and the high strength steel roof panel
- Sound absorbing materials in the cabin, under the hood and in the wheel house liners
- Aero-optimized outside mirrors
- Acoustic-laminated windshield and thicker, 5mm side window glass
- Foam baffles that insulate the opening of body structure cavities
When the Encore arrives in early 2013 it is surely going to be amazing! For more information about the Encore or QuietTune, give us a call at 330-SWEENEY or visit www.sweeneybuick.com!