On Friday General Motors announced that after the 2013 Model year, we will be losing a dear friend. 2013 will be the final model year for http://www.sweeneychevrolet.com Avalanche. However, Avalanche isn't just going to go away. The last model year will feature the "Black Diamond" edition which will include body colored surrounds, a unique badge on the sail panel, additional features added to the LS and LT models and the lowest prices, EVER on the Avalanche.
For 2013, a rear camera, park assist, power adjustable pedals, fog lamps and remote start will be added as standard equipment on LS models. The LT will also have the standard backup camera. The base prices have been reduced $2,500.00!
?The Avalanche is one of the industry's most flexible utility vehicles combining passenger comfort found in SUVs with the cargo capacity of a truck thanks to the industry first, midgate. The midgate opens to extend the cargo-area from 5-foot-3-inch long to 8-feet-2-inch long! It's available in LS, LT and LTZ models with 2WD and 4WD. Storage compartments alongside the cargo box provide ample (and lockable) storage with pluggable drains that can be filled with ice and used as coolers.
Let's take a look back at the storied history of The Avalanche:
- 2000: The Avalanche is introduced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit as a concept and was described as a no-compromise Chevy. The production Avalanche was positioned as a UUV (Ultimate Utility Vehicle) when it went on sale.
- 2002: A special Avalanche was equipped to protect and transport the Olympic Flame during the Torch Relay prior to the Olympic Winer Games in Salt Lake City; The relay covered over 13,500 miles and went through 46 states.
- 2002: Received not only the Motor Trend Truck of the Year as well as the Design and Engineering award from Popular Mechanics.
- 2002: Chevrolet and North Face teamed up to create a limited edition Avalanche that was used to transport a team of kayakers through the Himalayas to the Tsangpo Gorge in Tibet, where they successfully accomplished first descent of the most-feared whitewater on the planet.
- 2006: ?Chevrolet introduces the all-new Avalanche with a fully boxed frame and redesigned suspension to deliver an even more refined ride and handling, this was also the first year of the Z71 off-road package.
- 2007: An Avalanche was presented to the 2006 MLB All-Star Game MVP Michael Young of the Rangers.
So from all of us here at http://www.sweeneycars.com, we'll miss you, Avalanche. But, we can't wait to see what the Black Diamond Edition is going to look like. For more information about any of the 2013 Avalanches give us a call at 330-SWEENEY or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org