- Everyone has seen the big SUVs that the Ohio State Highway Patrol, as well as some local law enforcement agencies. Well, it's time to find out why more and more agencies are starting to rely on the Chevrolet Tahoe PPV and SSV.
- Black assist steps.
- Available headlamp/taillamp flasher system.
- Available daytime running lamps and automatic headlamp delete.
- Radio Suppression
- Recovery Hooks
- Available in Black, Summit White, Gold Mist Metallic, Black Granite Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic and Mocha Steel Metallic.
- Air Conditioning
- AM/FM Stereo with CD and MP3 playback compatibility.
- Cruise control.
- Inoperative inside rear door handles, door locks and windows.
- 100-amp main power supply wiring at the instrument panel and cargo area.
- Remote keyless entry fleet package, including 6 remotes.
- Remote vehicle starter.
- Auxiliary wiring for grille lamps, siren, etc.
- Front bucket seats.
- 40/20/40 split-bench seat with center fold-down armrest with storage.
- Standard head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for both seating rows. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. These head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts, since rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle.
- Standard seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right-front passenger provide thorax and pelvic protection.
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both.
- Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with ABS.
- Pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision and are standard on the front safety belts. Load-limiting retractors clinch the belt more tightly.
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) children seat attachment system, which is included in all second-row seating positions.
- Tire pressure monitoring system.
- Strong body structure to absorb crash energy and provide a protective "safety cage" around occupants.
So, what is the Tahoe Special Service Vehicle?
The SSV expands what law enforcement officers can do and where they can go. It is similar to the PPV but is offered in four-wheel drive, which makes it ideal for non-persuit applications where versatility is a high priority.
Here is some of the additional standard equipment on the SSV include a 26-gallon fuel tank, 160-amp alternator, a heavy-duty 730 CCA battery with run-down protection and extended-life spark plugs. Dual 730 CCA batteries are also available. A fully integrated electrical system makes it easier for upfitters to install police equipment.
When the second-row seats are fully upright, SSV delivers 60.3 cubic feet of cargo capacity for such items as gun cases, hazardous materials equipment and other gear and materials.
There are also some other changes to the chassis and suspension. For instance, the standard axle ratio is 3.42, whereas the PPV is 3.08. A two-speed Autotrac active transfer case is standard, as is a trailering package.
Take a look at the pictures below and let us know if you have any questions!
330-SWEENEY | http://www.sweeneycars.com or in person at 8010 Market Street.