The Buick Enclave is getting a face lift for the 2013 model year. The car, which will be on display at the New York Auto Show from April 6-15, has some significant changes.
In fact there's so much different about the Enclave that we had to split it up into lists!
Starting with the outside:
- New front fascia with LED daytime running lamps.
- New headlamp design, with standard Xenon high-intensity discharge lamps (HID) and LED accent lighting.
- New hood and black chrome waterfall grille.
- Near rear fascia with integrated exhaust outlets.
- New LED taillamps.
- New 19 and 20 inch wheel designs.
- Monochromatic exterior appearance with chrome accents.
- Blue translucent rings around the HIDs that are found on other Buick Models.
- Exhaust outlets are wrapped with a chrome finish within the rear fascia.
This has made the Enclave instantly recognizable as what most are calling a "modern Buick".
Here's where the real fun starts though. Take a look at everything that's new about the Enclave's interior!
- New ice blue LED ambient lighting around the dashboard. (shown above)
- Eight-way power front drive and passenger seats with four-way adjustable head restraints emphasize seat comfort.
- Details including soft touch materials and live stitching throughout the cabin, as well as true chrome accents.
- Four interior color combinations with complementing wood tones, including a new "Cocoa leather".
- New center stack with standard IntelliLink LCD display, tri-zone climate system, capacitive touch controls as well as available navigation.
- SmartSlide on the second row seating, which makes it easier to get to the third row, giving a maximum of 115.2 cubic feet of cargo space available when the second and third rows are folded. That's more than all of the Enclaves Competitors, including the Mercedes-Benz R Class, Infiniti JX, Acura MDX, Lincoln MKT, Audi Q7 and Volvo XC90.
The new interior color combinations are specifically intended to replicate color combinations that you would find in your home, such as Cocoa Leather and sandstone. Even the climate control is redesigned for 2013. The tri-zone climate control's new controls are more intuitive, with a bolder temperature readout and large controls to make it easier to use with gloves on. The center stack is specifically redesigned for ease of use incorporated with intellilink. We've talked a whole lot about the vehicles that are coming out with IntelliLink over the past few months, but what exactly is it?
IntelliLink is standard on all models and enhances the driving experience of our customers with higher levels of connectivity and customizable options including setting up a home page for favorites. It will integrate services such as Pandora and Stitcher, and allow you to use hands-free voice controls. Here are more features:
- High Resolution color display with touch-screen controls.
- Bluetooth with hands-free (for phone calls) and A2DP audio-streaming protocol support.
- Address book download and hands free calling.
- USB Port for your iPod or iPhone.
- Auxiliary audio input jack.
- Redundant steering wheel controls.
- Enhanced voice recognition.
- XM Radio and data services.
- You can also control select smart phone apps through IntelliLink.
The '13 Enclave is also the first GM Vehicle announced that will be able to incorporate IntelliLink with Navigation. A function that on previous models had to be separate
All these newly redesigned features are great, but what about safety? In 2012 every buick was named a Top Safety Pick by the IIH. This in itself is a testiment to how dedicated Buick is to safety. But, here are some of the standard safety features this car will come with:
- Traction control
- Panic brake assist
- Rear vision camera system
- Seven total air bags
- Side blind zone alert
- Rear cross traffic alert
The front center air bag was created to help protect drivers and front passengers in far-side impact crashes. It will deploy from the inboard side of the driver's seat and will position itself between the driver and the passenger.
Finally, take a look at the conve
nience features you can expect:
- Power liftgate
- Remote start
- Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections
- Automatic Crash Response
- Turn by Turn navigation
- Roadside assistance
- Emergency Services Link
- Remote door unlocking.
- myBuick mobile app with RemoteLink from OnStar.
Take a look at the pictures below and let us know what you think! We can't wait to start getting these in.